sábado, 14 de fevereiro de 2015

GoT Season 5 Headcanons

It's Carnival season in Brazil, meaning it's that time of the year when I'd rather stay at home all day, everyday. One of my favorite pastime activities right now is reading speculation treads about Game of Thrones season 5 - as the book series is incomplete, the show will start taking even more liberties than an adaptation should do (in my world, we call this "fanfiction").

I like to imagine new scenes and approaches it could take. And, as someone who has Brienne of Tarth as her Queen of Love and Beauty, there's nothing I like more than to picture her and her house in more important scenarios. So... here are the ones I enjoyed the most. I'm not the greatest Westerosi geographer, I'm sorry if there is any incoherence regarding political information or something like that.

Warning: there's a spoiler-ish information for season 5, something that didn't happen in the books - not yet, at least.

                                   Scene 1 - Cersei and Jaime (second-ish episode?)

Jaime took a long sigh. Discussing political topics was never his idea of fun, but if it was what his position claimed of him right now, so be it. Though there were some things that this service didn't bless either... he tried to shook the idea of his mind, and focus on the job. And on Cersei. But not even her could make anything in this meeting seem more interesting...

When they finally finished talking, he was about to leave the chair and propose a more interesting activity, but she had yet another topic to discuss.
  
"Oh, and another thing – why isn’t that cow friend of yours back in her happy island?"

That definitely took him by surprise. "Excuse me?"

"Oh, come on, Jaime", she said, rolling her eyes, "you know of whom I am talking about."

"Cersei, she has a name. It’s Brienne. And I can’t answer your question, I don’t pry on her personal business."

"Well, I was able to note that she seems very fond of you; I supposed she’d share everything with you. Hasn’t she said goodbye?"

Jaime frowned. What did Cersei want from her?

"Yes...but she didn’t say anything specific about anything. We’re… just friends."

"Should I remember you she was supporting the Starks?" 

Now Jaime was really nervous about this sudden interest in her, and had to control himself to not look nervous. 

"As far as I remember, she was only with lady Catelyn. And I don’t think I should remind you about that wedding. Brienne has nothing to do with her or the Starks anymore."

Cersei shook her head, but did not look that much convinced. "Anyway, do keep in touch with her. I could use having someone trustful in close contact with this girl."

"…what for?"

"I’m not feeling confident about House Tarth. They say to have bent the knee to us, but apparently refused to go with Mace Tyrell and reconquer Storm's End from Stannis Baratheon's men."

"The Tarths are vassals of the Baratheons. Don’t know if you remember, but the Iron Throne are theirs too.

Cersei stared at him, with a suspicious look that made him feel very unease. "Why are you trying to defend them like that?"

"You’re the one looking for empty threats. The Tyrell army haven't even arrived at Storm’s End yet!"

"But the Tarths should be helping them already. At least Lord Selwyn is not sticking around for much longer."

Now it was Jaime's turn to give her a distrustful look. "What... are you trying to imply?"

"Well, you see, I myself went to Tarth many years ago, alongside Robert. We didn’t even have Joffrey yet. At that time, Selwyn was already a middle-aged man; I doubt he'll age much more. I’m hoping to have Brienne as the Evenstar of the island soon enough, she’s far more easy to influence. And you are helping me."

"Why that much interest in Tarth?"

"Aren’t you aware of the realm’s situation? The war has destroyed practically every land, and winter 
is too close to hope for harvest in the Riverlands any time soon. But Tarth was one of the places not affected by the battles; they have god agriculture there, meaning they can provide us with food and other products. I doubt that the Tyrells are going to provide all that we need, they will try very hard to hold everything they can. We need the Tarths's alliance and confidence, and I would very much like to know where their only heir is. I will not have her joining Stannis. You are going to find out what she’s up to, or else I'll get another one to do this for me."

"As you say, your grace."

Jaime finally gets up and, without even a last look, leaves the room. He knows very well that Brienne some King's Landing spy can already be on the road looking for her, if not already keeping an eye on her. His expression is not one of a relaxed man, and it is very innocent of him to think that his sister did not see it.

                   
                                    Scene 2 - Littlefinger and Sansa (five-ish episode)
1.       
She was acting as a good girl, like she always did. Pretending to not even listen to anything, like she was there just because her uncle had commanded. It was a bitter thought to consider him as such, but necessary - she needed to be Alayne as much as possible.

"No need worry about the boy, but I want lady Tarth alive and well." Littlefinger said to the Arryn guard, and dismissed him. 

When the door was shut, the lord finally turned to look at her, on the other side of the room, and raised a hand, asking her to move closer.

"You’ll have to take care of this one too while I’m King's Landing." he said, gently holding her hand, and a shiver crossed her spine. "But you need to know some things first. Why do you think I need her here and alive?"

"Because she’s a lady, even if it’s from a minor house." She answered. "You don't want to cross her family."

"You bet I don't. But it's mostly because she’s from this one house. As your lord father would say, winter is coming, and we should have already taken care of the most important connections. The Vale is not a land with a productive soil for agriculture, but Tarth is, and was left untouched by the war. The biggest agricultural lands in Westeros are destroyed, and it’s crucial for us to befriend those houses with available. supplies It shouldn’t be difficult to win them though, we have only two Tarths to worry about. We secure Brienne here, and Lord Selwyn will become closer to us; most probably, he’ll be more friendly towards us than to the Iron Throne."

"Also," he continued, "did you know Brienne was at Cat’s service last time I saw her?"

"Yes. She told me that once, in King’s Landing." More than once, in fact... Lady Brienne tried to approach Sansa many times, considering herself to have been good friends with Catelyn Stark. Sansa, on the other hand, had never seen this woman before. She'd surely remember her; and there were another thing that made her suspicious about this lady.

"They did seem to have been close", her uncle said. "Cat was the one to free the Kingslayer, and she trusted only Brienne to bring him to the capital and exchange him with you and your sister. However… things between him and her appeared to have... become interesting, you know?"

Sansa knew. It was not difficult at all to spot them together in the Red Keep, talking and sharing confidences. And some of the looks they would give each other were very, very kind. They were far from being war foes. Sansa couldn’t trust lady Brienne, and neither would Alayne.

"She would love to meet you again, I know it." He affirmed. "And you should make sure to secure her here until I come back."

"I'll do my best...uncle Petyr."

Smiling, stood up from his chair and placed two eager, repulsive kisses in her cheeks. "That's my girl."

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário